What is the most important thing about gaming?

Whenever I play games I sometimes catch myself getting mad about something that doesn´t really matter, but at that moment it seems so important to me that I get mad when it doesn´t happen or doesn´t happen fast enough. This need for succes sometimes blinds the real reasons why I play games, because I play games for fun and not to brag about my skills or achievements. I don´t care about that and I doubt that the majority cares about that either, games are meant to be fun so let´s try to have fun!


But what if you want an achievement or trophy and you can´t get it? That would be frustrating and I can see how this takes away the fun in the game, I guess playing for achievements/trophies makes a game a bit less focused on fun and more on accomplishing something. This accomplishment doesn´t even really matter, because it´s not like people think you´re the best because you have more achievements/trophies than other people. I´d say it could even work against you where people make fun of you for spending so much spare time on your achievements/trophies that it´s almost kind of sad. Well maybe not everyone sees it that way but remember that some people don´t have that much spare time or don´t enjoy spending time trying to get as much achievements/trophies as they can get.


And if you enjoy getting achievements/trophies? Oh I´m not saying that there is anything wrong with that, I´m saying that if this causes you grief then you might focus more on fun and less on getting achievements/trophies. Because no matter how much fun a game is, if you keep failing then it won´t take long until you get upset and that´s not having fun! Which is why I try to get as many achievements as I can get but when I´m done with a game I´m done, I´m not going to keep playing just for some more achievements. The main reason for gaming should be fun, not getting achievements/trophies!


Of course it´s difficult to have fun when other people make your life miserable in multiplayer, so it´s not a surprise a lot of people seek shelter in single player. There are some amazing games that can help you relax and enjoy playing games, games where you don´t have to achieve anything and you can just do your own thing. I´m glad that these games exist, it´s the perfect getaway from a stressful moment in gaming or your life! It´s fun to get achievements/trophies, but I don´t think you should make it your number one reason why you play games. Just relax and have fun!

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Watch Dogs 2, the sequel no one wanted?

Movie Monday: Watchmen

Can a movie make a game more interesting?