Dlc isn´t a waste of money?
I´ve heard so many times from people that dlc is a waste of money, it´s something game developers created to cash in some more money and maybe with some dlc it does feel a bit like that. But I do think that there is plenty of dlc out there that´s actually a lot of fun and definitely worth buying!
Why waste money on dlc? I wouldn´t even call it waste money, because sometimes dlc keeps a game you love to play longer alive. Thanks to new missions, new things to do or just some cool items you have fun playing the game a bit longer. I actually like that a lot! For example Resident Evil 5 has two fun dlc stories that keeps the game a bit longer alive. Games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age also have a lot of benefits when it comes to dlc, because it keeps the world alive and you want to keep playing. It´s the same for Skyrim, it´s already a big game but to add extra things to that world you have even more things to do.
But what is the point of dlc? That depends, some of it is for cosmetic reasons (different outfits) and then there are actual new weapons or maps to keep multiplayer alive. I think that a lot of people don´t realize that dlc isn´t always about money, it´s to keep the fun in the game a bit longer. Because no matter how much fun a game is, when you´re done with it then it´s not as much fun to play it anymore. So new things keep the game interesting, even if it´s just for a short time then at least you could enjoy the game that you love to play a bit longer. Oh sure the developers will earn money if you buy dlc but whining about that won´t change a thing!
It´s all about money when it comes to dlc? Apparently not! Rockstar has released a lot of dlc for GTA Online and it´s free! But do people stop complaining? No! I guess that also says a lot about a lot of gamers, because whatever a developer does it´s never good and even when they do something nice then it´s still not appreciated by everyone. But I guess you can´t please everyone. Dlc is important in games, I think a game without dlc is going to be abandoned a lot sooner than a game that has dlc. Of course the quality of the dlc will be important as well, but usually if it´s done right you should be ok for a bit longer. I´m willing to pay some money for that, but it´s nice if sometimes you get something for free. Hopefully the future has a lot of dlc for my favourite games!
Why waste money on dlc? I wouldn´t even call it waste money, because sometimes dlc keeps a game you love to play longer alive. Thanks to new missions, new things to do or just some cool items you have fun playing the game a bit longer. I actually like that a lot! For example Resident Evil 5 has two fun dlc stories that keeps the game a bit longer alive. Games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age also have a lot of benefits when it comes to dlc, because it keeps the world alive and you want to keep playing. It´s the same for Skyrim, it´s already a big game but to add extra things to that world you have even more things to do.
But what is the point of dlc? That depends, some of it is for cosmetic reasons (different outfits) and then there are actual new weapons or maps to keep multiplayer alive. I think that a lot of people don´t realize that dlc isn´t always about money, it´s to keep the fun in the game a bit longer. Because no matter how much fun a game is, when you´re done with it then it´s not as much fun to play it anymore. So new things keep the game interesting, even if it´s just for a short time then at least you could enjoy the game that you love to play a bit longer. Oh sure the developers will earn money if you buy dlc but whining about that won´t change a thing!
It´s all about money when it comes to dlc? Apparently not! Rockstar has released a lot of dlc for GTA Online and it´s free! But do people stop complaining? No! I guess that also says a lot about a lot of gamers, because whatever a developer does it´s never good and even when they do something nice then it´s still not appreciated by everyone. But I guess you can´t please everyone. Dlc is important in games, I think a game without dlc is going to be abandoned a lot sooner than a game that has dlc. Of course the quality of the dlc will be important as well, but usually if it´s done right you should be ok for a bit longer. I´m willing to pay some money for that, but it´s nice if sometimes you get something for free. Hopefully the future has a lot of dlc for my favourite games!
Reacties
Een reactie posten