Sinful Sunday: Death to rage quitters?!!!
Ok that might be a bit extreme but it's really frustration how some people seem to rage quit at the first sign of trouble. Imagine having to fight in a war with someone like that. Oh there are enemies well time to run away guys. Yeah great, we're so screwed in the next war...
Why do people rage quit so much?
You would have to ask that to a rage quitter, but my guess is that a lot of people leave a game out of frustration or because they're done with the match and want to move on to something else. But let's not forget the kids that have to go to bed, yes I've actually heard someones mother through the microphone telling her son to go to bed and turning off his Xbox One, so maybe it's not always a rage quit but more of a I stay up past my bedtime type of quit. Then there are people that leave a match to join their friends in a match, you might not see the harm in this but it's still a piece of shit move! The main reason why so many people rage quit is because they can, the game gives them an option to leave the match so a lot of people will. They don't really care about the consequences, at least not at the moment they leave, and just want to leave the moment things aren't going their way. Some games try to punish rage quitters but I can't help but wonder if developers are so against rage quitting then why do you give the option to leave a match in the first place? I also realize that people have gotten a lot more immature and sad over the last decade, maybe that's just me growing up and having a lot of immature douchebags (I play on Xboxlive so unfortunately there are a lot of immature people there) in most of the multiplayer matches play. But at the same time maybe people are just this sad and rage quitting is the new way of showing others that you're a douchebag. Eventhough toxic behaviour is still the number one douchebag move in a multiplayer match.
How do you stop rage quitters?
Well developers try to come up with ways to prevent people from leaving a match. In some of the CoD games there would be a waiting penalty, so if you leave a match in progress you would be unable to join into another match for a certain amount of time. Interesting tactic but it would only be a temporarily solution. In Overwatch there is talk about banning people from the game permanently if they keep rage quitting, at least from ranked matches. This only means that the sad sack of shit rage quitters are now going to populate quick play and arcade mode, great... I do agree with getting rid of these rage quitters but it should be actually rage quitters and not people with shitty internet. I've had people in my team several times that left the match and then 30 second later they came back because their internet sucks. This could happen to anyone, it would be pretty harsh that someone is banned because of that. In a way it's difficult to stop rage quitters, which is exactly why so many people do it. In Overwatch is the worst, in almost every match I play there is always someone that rage quits. I've played matches where you more than ten people join and leave in the same match. In a ranked match I played in season 5 almost the entire enemy team left, except one guy. Imagine you being that guy, you know you're screwed but you stay in the match anyway. That already makes you a hero in my book!
Rage quitting is the number one frustration for players?
I don't know if it's the number one frustration but I know a lot of people hate rage quitters. Sometimes you get a bad team or you just have a bad time in a match. Just sit the match out and leave when the match is over. A good team can finish you off in just a matter of minutes so the torture won't last long. But what's better is that you never give up and never stop trying to win. I faced a group of douchebags in Overwatch yesterday. A group of four friends picked almost all of the annoying character (Bastion, Torbjörn, Junkrat and Ana) on the map Hanamura and you know how annoying that can be! Trying to win with a random team full of rage quitters is difficult but I never gave up and eventually I got more capable and determined players on my team and won eventually! Eventhough the odds were against us it's never impossible to win! It's easy to get mad and getting this need to leave the match but instead of being a sad sack of shit you can also look at what works and what doesn't work and try to find a way forward. If possible try to communicate with your team or at least try to work as a team and who knows you might beat the odds and get yourself a win! Rage quitting is the way of the coward, you're not a coward are you?
Why do people rage quit so much?
You would have to ask that to a rage quitter, but my guess is that a lot of people leave a game out of frustration or because they're done with the match and want to move on to something else. But let's not forget the kids that have to go to bed, yes I've actually heard someones mother through the microphone telling her son to go to bed and turning off his Xbox One, so maybe it's not always a rage quit but more of a I stay up past my bedtime type of quit. Then there are people that leave a match to join their friends in a match, you might not see the harm in this but it's still a piece of shit move! The main reason why so many people rage quit is because they can, the game gives them an option to leave the match so a lot of people will. They don't really care about the consequences, at least not at the moment they leave, and just want to leave the moment things aren't going their way. Some games try to punish rage quitters but I can't help but wonder if developers are so against rage quitting then why do you give the option to leave a match in the first place? I also realize that people have gotten a lot more immature and sad over the last decade, maybe that's just me growing up and having a lot of immature douchebags (I play on Xboxlive so unfortunately there are a lot of immature people there) in most of the multiplayer matches play. But at the same time maybe people are just this sad and rage quitting is the new way of showing others that you're a douchebag. Eventhough toxic behaviour is still the number one douchebag move in a multiplayer match.
How do you stop rage quitters?
Well developers try to come up with ways to prevent people from leaving a match. In some of the CoD games there would be a waiting penalty, so if you leave a match in progress you would be unable to join into another match for a certain amount of time. Interesting tactic but it would only be a temporarily solution. In Overwatch there is talk about banning people from the game permanently if they keep rage quitting, at least from ranked matches. This only means that the sad sack of shit rage quitters are now going to populate quick play and arcade mode, great... I do agree with getting rid of these rage quitters but it should be actually rage quitters and not people with shitty internet. I've had people in my team several times that left the match and then 30 second later they came back because their internet sucks. This could happen to anyone, it would be pretty harsh that someone is banned because of that. In a way it's difficult to stop rage quitters, which is exactly why so many people do it. In Overwatch is the worst, in almost every match I play there is always someone that rage quits. I've played matches where you more than ten people join and leave in the same match. In a ranked match I played in season 5 almost the entire enemy team left, except one guy. Imagine you being that guy, you know you're screwed but you stay in the match anyway. That already makes you a hero in my book!
Rage quitting is the number one frustration for players?
I don't know if it's the number one frustration but I know a lot of people hate rage quitters. Sometimes you get a bad team or you just have a bad time in a match. Just sit the match out and leave when the match is over. A good team can finish you off in just a matter of minutes so the torture won't last long. But what's better is that you never give up and never stop trying to win. I faced a group of douchebags in Overwatch yesterday. A group of four friends picked almost all of the annoying character (Bastion, Torbjörn, Junkrat and Ana) on the map Hanamura and you know how annoying that can be! Trying to win with a random team full of rage quitters is difficult but I never gave up and eventually I got more capable and determined players on my team and won eventually! Eventhough the odds were against us it's never impossible to win! It's easy to get mad and getting this need to leave the match but instead of being a sad sack of shit you can also look at what works and what doesn't work and try to find a way forward. If possible try to communicate with your team or at least try to work as a team and who knows you might beat the odds and get yourself a win! Rage quitting is the way of the coward, you're not a coward are you?
Reacties
Een reactie posten