It´s a race? (finishing a game asap)
I don´t understand why some people find is necessary to finish a game or dlc as fast as they can. It makes no sense to me, because when I have a new game I don´t want to finish it that quickly because I would rather enjoy playing it for as long as possible. A lot of games are less fun the second time you play them, sure it´s still fun but nothing beats the first time playing a game and I would rather have that feeling last instead of rushing through the game.
Why do people want to finish a game that fast? An obvious reason would be bragging rights, as if anyone actually gives a flying fuck about such things, and then probably have their 15 minutes of fame for being the fastest to beat a game or level in a game. I guess for some people this is important, for others it´s just stupid behaviour. Those that do enjoy finishing a game as fast as they can are often called speedrunners, this sounds cool but in fact it´s just someone that found a way to beat a game as fast as possible. Some admire these people, others think they´re pathetic losers. I think that if that´s their way of having fun playing a game then that´s good for them, I mean who really cares anyway?
So people also finish games that quickly for fun? It seems weird to some people but yes apparently there are people that think it´s fun to beat a game as fast as you can, which sometimes means that people play the same game several times just to find the way to beat it the fastest. Personally I don´t see the fun in that, but I´m not a speedrunner and I have no interest in that. Still it´s impressive how some people can beat games that fast, but I wouldn´t consider it as important news.
When the new dlc for Destiny came out a lot of people tried to beat the new raid as fast as they could, because somehow this is important to a lot of people. Instead of discovering the new weapons, gear and levels they dive into the new raid and want to beat it as fast as they can. Does that seem crazy to you? Well then you´re probably not a speedrunner. But as crazy as this might sound to you there are actually races where people are challenged to beat games or levels as fast as they can and they get prizes if they´re the fastest. So maybe they´re not so crazy?
Perhaps the world is just crazy, which is why I prefer to just enjoy games in my own way. I play games the way I want to and don´t listen to what the rest of the world has to say about that. Which is probably a good idea because we all have our own way to enjoy playing games. As long as you´re having fun playing a game and you don´t hurt anyone in the process then you´re not doing anything wrong, so who cares what others think of the way you play games? As long as you´re having fun then that´s all that matters!
Why do people want to finish a game that fast? An obvious reason would be bragging rights, as if anyone actually gives a flying fuck about such things, and then probably have their 15 minutes of fame for being the fastest to beat a game or level in a game. I guess for some people this is important, for others it´s just stupid behaviour. Those that do enjoy finishing a game as fast as they can are often called speedrunners, this sounds cool but in fact it´s just someone that found a way to beat a game as fast as possible. Some admire these people, others think they´re pathetic losers. I think that if that´s their way of having fun playing a game then that´s good for them, I mean who really cares anyway?
So people also finish games that quickly for fun? It seems weird to some people but yes apparently there are people that think it´s fun to beat a game as fast as you can, which sometimes means that people play the same game several times just to find the way to beat it the fastest. Personally I don´t see the fun in that, but I´m not a speedrunner and I have no interest in that. Still it´s impressive how some people can beat games that fast, but I wouldn´t consider it as important news.
When the new dlc for Destiny came out a lot of people tried to beat the new raid as fast as they could, because somehow this is important to a lot of people. Instead of discovering the new weapons, gear and levels they dive into the new raid and want to beat it as fast as they can. Does that seem crazy to you? Well then you´re probably not a speedrunner. But as crazy as this might sound to you there are actually races where people are challenged to beat games or levels as fast as they can and they get prizes if they´re the fastest. So maybe they´re not so crazy?
Perhaps the world is just crazy, which is why I prefer to just enjoy games in my own way. I play games the way I want to and don´t listen to what the rest of the world has to say about that. Which is probably a good idea because we all have our own way to enjoy playing games. As long as you´re having fun playing a game and you don´t hurt anyone in the process then you´re not doing anything wrong, so who cares what others think of the way you play games? As long as you´re having fun then that´s all that matters!
Reacties
Een reactie posten