GTA V
I´ve got a lot to tell about this game but I´d like to first correct something, yesterday I talked about installing games and I mentioned how it sometimes takes a long time. I´ve also said that with all the information you have to install in GTA V that it will take a long time to install that, well I was very wrong! The installation probably took about 15 minutes, so I must admit that I was pleasantly suprised. It´s actually quite simple, on disc 1 it says install this and so you put the disc in your discdrive and the game will automaticly install that portion of the game. Then when that´s done, you´ll get a message to put in disc 2. There will be some loading and then you can play the game. It goes pretty fast and not something that will drive you insane with waiting.
So what can you expect in GTA V? Well I won´t give any spoilers, so don´t worry about that. But you´ll find a big city with a lot of places to visit, you can explore the city with whatever character you want. You can play as one of the three main characters named Franklin, Michael and Trevor. Franklin is the youngest of the three and probably also the one who stays cool under pressure, he´s a guy from the hood that´s trying to make some money to move out and make something of himself. He´s got some weird friends and problematic situations where he has to get out of. Michael is the oldest of the three, he´s married and has two kids. But his wife doesn´t really love him anymore and his kids don´t really like him. He´s unhappy and thus spends some time at a shrink to talk about that. He loves the good old days, probably the 80´s for him, and think about that a lot. He also has some anger issues, when something makes him mad he´ll go like a raging bull straight on the target but afterwards kind of regrets what he did or doesn´t get the appreciation he expected. Trevor is a walking apocalypse, this man will destroy anything that gets in his way! When people make him mad he´ll respond most violently, which often doesn´t end well for the people that made him mad. He makes the anger issues of Michael look like nothing, when Trevor gets mad everyone will know it and regret making him mad. When you play the game you´ll sometimes be moved into playing one of the characters but later in the game you can also switch to other characters yourself, also in missions you´ll have to switch between characters which isn´t a bad thing actually. You´ll have to do more because you take the job of the character you were playing as and then also the one you switch to. But it´s good, the switch goes fast and doesn´t really affect the fun for me. You play in a huge open world, so don´t be suprised if it takes you some time to move from the top to the bottom of the map! There are a lot of activities or things you can do, you can customize your characters (different hair styles or clothes) and customize your cars. You can also buy stocks at the stockmarket and buy property, so for the financial lovers there is enough to fool around with.
I discovered some interesting moments in the game that I had a lot of fun with and I was even suprised by other things, I won´t talk about everything but I´ll pick some interesting moments. One of the first things I did the moment I had free control outside a mission in the city was visiting a stripclub. Now before you think the worst of me, I was curious how that would be. Because in some games a stripclub was usually a disappointment, just some women dancing on stage but no interactions or what with the strippers. So I walk inside the stripclub and see some half naked women walk around, I was the gentleman and let them pass when one of them offered me a lapdance. Of course I was curious how that would look and what would exactly happen......well I was in for a huge suprise! So there is nudity in this game without any Sims bullshit with pixels blocking the private parts. Which means you´ll see huge breast right in your face, girls kissing eachother or moving their private parts against eachother. Sex is no mystery in this game and if you compliment the stripper enough or touch her (as long as the bouncer doesn´t see you or you´ll be kicked out of the stripclub), she´ll invite you over to her place and you can have sex with her. Unfortunately for you who like to see the details this is not something you can see, but you hear some loud noises so I guess you´ll have to do with that. Something else I really liked was the rampage moment of Trevor, when Trevor loses it and goes crazy. Enemies will keep attacking Trevor and you just have to kill and destroy everything! Other interesting activities are driving a tow truck and picking up cars, bounty hunting and you can decide to bring that person in dead or alive. But you can also go crazy doing sports as hiking, tennis, golf, cycling and diving. There is so much to do and I think it´s safe to say you´ll do it between missions to relax or just go crazy with something. If you practice with something a lot, like hiking you´ll get better at running and you can keep that up longer. The same counts for shooting, sneaking and driving. Well with sneaking you´re not exactly Solid Snake but enemies will less likely notice you, so there is a benefit to that. But of course you can play missions as you want to, in some missions there is even a choice to to it sneaky or go in guns blazing!
So there is nothing bad about this game? I really wish I could say that but there have been moments I wasn´t that happy about GTA V. I don´t want to whine about the little things but there are times that you´re just annoyed by something, especially when it happens several times. For example cops will show up out of nowhere during a chase, so when you´re trying to lose the cops on your tail and the screen is flashing (meaning that you almost lost them) then there will sometimes appear cops out of nowhere close to you. This will mess everything up and you´ll have to evade them again, this is very annoying during a mission! I saw this problem also in GTA IV and it´s a shame that they didn´t do anything about that. Another thing that annoys me is when you have npc´s following you during a mission, they´re not that helpful and the worst part is when you are in a car and the npc takes forever to get in. If the cops are shooting at you then you don´t have long, but they´ll just walk slowly to the car and get in slowly. If you drive with the car a second too early they´ll fall on the ground and you´ll have to wait even longer. Worst case scenario means they even die from the impact on the ground, it has happened to me and I was just as suprised as you are probably right now. It sucks and it really makes you not wanting to play with npc´s, because they give you way more trouble then actual help. Something else that really bothered me is the control of some cars and planes, oh don´t talk to me about planes because that´s a nightmare! As simple as it can be (for example in Saints Row the third and Saints Row IV), that´s how difficult it is in GTA V. Sure with a lot of practice and careful behaviour you might be able to be good at it but does it really have to be that difficult? In a race my car (which looked like a sport car from the 80´s) kept slipping, which usually turns your car with 180° and that sucks when you have to turn your car in almost every corner or when some other car hits you. I did notice this doesn´t count for all cars and especially motorcycles are pretty solid in driving, but you´ll fall off quite fast if you bump into something. Maybe I´m just not a good driver, but I did notice that it´s difficult and I don´t really like that.
Why should I buy this game? Well I´m not going to tell you that you need to buy this game, but if you like GTA games and/or open world games then this is really something you´d be interested in. There is so much to do, so much to experience and so much to laugh at. The missions are interesting, quite different and definately not a lot of repeating bullshit! The characters are interesting and you´ll probably laugh at their adventures or feel sorry for the bad moments. It´s fun with a capital f I´d say, it´s not as crazy as Saints Row IV but looking at the rampage moments with Trevor and some other crazy things I´d say that Rockstar has definately made this game a bit less serious then GTA IV. Well I don´t even think that game was that serious, but it had some moments that I didn´t really like. So far GTA V is a game full of suprises and fun, the good things definately outweigh the bad things and that is always a good thing in my book. I really like the game and I don´t regret buying it! The online mode isn´t available yet but that´s only two weeks away, so I´m certain that the game will keep you busy for now. The achievements/trophies aren´t all that easy, some will take patience and skill but once again that should keep you busy till the 1st of October. I don´t know if this is the game of the year, I´d like to see the multiplayer first before I can say that, but it definately puts the stakes up high. What I love about GTA games is that you can be bad and yet still feel good about it, this game seems to support that a lot! So feel free to check the game out, go crazy or try to be a good guy. Whatever it is you look for, I think this game covers a lot of interests when it comes to gaming. Oh and beware of aliens!!!
So what can you expect in GTA V? Well I won´t give any spoilers, so don´t worry about that. But you´ll find a big city with a lot of places to visit, you can explore the city with whatever character you want. You can play as one of the three main characters named Franklin, Michael and Trevor. Franklin is the youngest of the three and probably also the one who stays cool under pressure, he´s a guy from the hood that´s trying to make some money to move out and make something of himself. He´s got some weird friends and problematic situations where he has to get out of. Michael is the oldest of the three, he´s married and has two kids. But his wife doesn´t really love him anymore and his kids don´t really like him. He´s unhappy and thus spends some time at a shrink to talk about that. He loves the good old days, probably the 80´s for him, and think about that a lot. He also has some anger issues, when something makes him mad he´ll go like a raging bull straight on the target but afterwards kind of regrets what he did or doesn´t get the appreciation he expected. Trevor is a walking apocalypse, this man will destroy anything that gets in his way! When people make him mad he´ll respond most violently, which often doesn´t end well for the people that made him mad. He makes the anger issues of Michael look like nothing, when Trevor gets mad everyone will know it and regret making him mad. When you play the game you´ll sometimes be moved into playing one of the characters but later in the game you can also switch to other characters yourself, also in missions you´ll have to switch between characters which isn´t a bad thing actually. You´ll have to do more because you take the job of the character you were playing as and then also the one you switch to. But it´s good, the switch goes fast and doesn´t really affect the fun for me. You play in a huge open world, so don´t be suprised if it takes you some time to move from the top to the bottom of the map! There are a lot of activities or things you can do, you can customize your characters (different hair styles or clothes) and customize your cars. You can also buy stocks at the stockmarket and buy property, so for the financial lovers there is enough to fool around with.
I discovered some interesting moments in the game that I had a lot of fun with and I was even suprised by other things, I won´t talk about everything but I´ll pick some interesting moments. One of the first things I did the moment I had free control outside a mission in the city was visiting a stripclub. Now before you think the worst of me, I was curious how that would be. Because in some games a stripclub was usually a disappointment, just some women dancing on stage but no interactions or what with the strippers. So I walk inside the stripclub and see some half naked women walk around, I was the gentleman and let them pass when one of them offered me a lapdance. Of course I was curious how that would look and what would exactly happen......well I was in for a huge suprise! So there is nudity in this game without any Sims bullshit with pixels blocking the private parts. Which means you´ll see huge breast right in your face, girls kissing eachother or moving their private parts against eachother. Sex is no mystery in this game and if you compliment the stripper enough or touch her (as long as the bouncer doesn´t see you or you´ll be kicked out of the stripclub), she´ll invite you over to her place and you can have sex with her. Unfortunately for you who like to see the details this is not something you can see, but you hear some loud noises so I guess you´ll have to do with that. Something else I really liked was the rampage moment of Trevor, when Trevor loses it and goes crazy. Enemies will keep attacking Trevor and you just have to kill and destroy everything! Other interesting activities are driving a tow truck and picking up cars, bounty hunting and you can decide to bring that person in dead or alive. But you can also go crazy doing sports as hiking, tennis, golf, cycling and diving. There is so much to do and I think it´s safe to say you´ll do it between missions to relax or just go crazy with something. If you practice with something a lot, like hiking you´ll get better at running and you can keep that up longer. The same counts for shooting, sneaking and driving. Well with sneaking you´re not exactly Solid Snake but enemies will less likely notice you, so there is a benefit to that. But of course you can play missions as you want to, in some missions there is even a choice to to it sneaky or go in guns blazing!
So there is nothing bad about this game? I really wish I could say that but there have been moments I wasn´t that happy about GTA V. I don´t want to whine about the little things but there are times that you´re just annoyed by something, especially when it happens several times. For example cops will show up out of nowhere during a chase, so when you´re trying to lose the cops on your tail and the screen is flashing (meaning that you almost lost them) then there will sometimes appear cops out of nowhere close to you. This will mess everything up and you´ll have to evade them again, this is very annoying during a mission! I saw this problem also in GTA IV and it´s a shame that they didn´t do anything about that. Another thing that annoys me is when you have npc´s following you during a mission, they´re not that helpful and the worst part is when you are in a car and the npc takes forever to get in. If the cops are shooting at you then you don´t have long, but they´ll just walk slowly to the car and get in slowly. If you drive with the car a second too early they´ll fall on the ground and you´ll have to wait even longer. Worst case scenario means they even die from the impact on the ground, it has happened to me and I was just as suprised as you are probably right now. It sucks and it really makes you not wanting to play with npc´s, because they give you way more trouble then actual help. Something else that really bothered me is the control of some cars and planes, oh don´t talk to me about planes because that´s a nightmare! As simple as it can be (for example in Saints Row the third and Saints Row IV), that´s how difficult it is in GTA V. Sure with a lot of practice and careful behaviour you might be able to be good at it but does it really have to be that difficult? In a race my car (which looked like a sport car from the 80´s) kept slipping, which usually turns your car with 180° and that sucks when you have to turn your car in almost every corner or when some other car hits you. I did notice this doesn´t count for all cars and especially motorcycles are pretty solid in driving, but you´ll fall off quite fast if you bump into something. Maybe I´m just not a good driver, but I did notice that it´s difficult and I don´t really like that.
Why should I buy this game? Well I´m not going to tell you that you need to buy this game, but if you like GTA games and/or open world games then this is really something you´d be interested in. There is so much to do, so much to experience and so much to laugh at. The missions are interesting, quite different and definately not a lot of repeating bullshit! The characters are interesting and you´ll probably laugh at their adventures or feel sorry for the bad moments. It´s fun with a capital f I´d say, it´s not as crazy as Saints Row IV but looking at the rampage moments with Trevor and some other crazy things I´d say that Rockstar has definately made this game a bit less serious then GTA IV. Well I don´t even think that game was that serious, but it had some moments that I didn´t really like. So far GTA V is a game full of suprises and fun, the good things definately outweigh the bad things and that is always a good thing in my book. I really like the game and I don´t regret buying it! The online mode isn´t available yet but that´s only two weeks away, so I´m certain that the game will keep you busy for now. The achievements/trophies aren´t all that easy, some will take patience and skill but once again that should keep you busy till the 1st of October. I don´t know if this is the game of the year, I´d like to see the multiplayer first before I can say that, but it definately puts the stakes up high. What I love about GTA games is that you can be bad and yet still feel good about it, this game seems to support that a lot! So feel free to check the game out, go crazy or try to be a good guy. Whatever it is you look for, I think this game covers a lot of interests when it comes to gaming. Oh and beware of aliens!!!
Reacties
Een reactie posten