Bot vs human
As we all know not everyone is always that pleasant to play with, when people annoy you or just do whatever they can to ruin your fun then it´s nice that there are bots you can play with. But you don´t have bots in every game, which leads to some forced gameplay with other people if you want to get some multiplayer achievements/trophies. But even in some games where you do have bots the achievements/trophies can only be earned if you play with other people. Does that seem fair to you? Personally I prefer to play with bots to get achievements/trophies, that means I don´t have to worry for some annoying person to ruin everything, because you have these people that make it their job to keep people from getting achievements/trophies. I call them achievement/trophy blockers, but this isn´t a big group in the gaming population so it´s not a big threat to all you achievement/trophy hunters. This is just one of many reasons why playing with people can be unpleasant, especially if you need to work together and the other people in your team don´t seem to be interested in working together.
So playing with other people is bad? I wouldn´t go that far, because there are certainly fun moments playing with others. I do think it becomes more and more rare to find these matches where people don´t try to annoy the crap out of you. Sure you can mute people, you can block their messages and just ignore them completely. But doesn´t that make it so as if you play with bots? I can say about playing against people that it´s much more of a challenge, because people can be unpredictable and use different tactics while bots can be dumb enough to constantly use the same tactic over and over again. I also feel more accomplished for beating people in a multiplayer match, beating bots doesn´t give that feeling even if you make 50 kills and didn´t die once. So playing with people definately has benefits and it´s not all bad, but I have to admit that the gaming experience doesn´t become more fun over the years that I´ve been playing with others online. Especially in competitive multiplayer matches you´ll find some special examples of people you probably don´t want to play with. If you play badly then you get ridiculed, but when you´re succesful then you get hate and jealous comments. Even when you play games where you need to work together with other people things can be unpleasant, I think Left for Dead is a good example of that where people can be quite unfriendly. But is it all bad? No it´s not all bad, but it is difficult to find friendly people out there or at least civilized people that don´t go berserk because they lost. I really hope the future gives you better options to find friendly people with whom you enjoy to play games and this way keep the bad ones out of your gaming experience.
Why would you play with bots? Well bots are good for practice, always before I enter a multiplayer match with people in Black Ops 2 I first play a round against bots to get back into my rhythm. Of course it doesn´t give a perfect example of what you can encounter in a multiplayer match with other people, but at least you can warm up your reflexes a bit. But in some games you also go faster through the story when you play with bots, for example in Guild Wars. Always when I play with people I´d had to wait, they needed to buy stuff or trade and you´d spend hours in cities sometimes. Solo with bots I can move around with my own speed and my bots will follow me around, which is perfect if you don´t like wasting time. The problem with bots in that game and a lot of other games is that they´re dumb, they often engage every enemy they see and stick to some basic moves. More times than not they´ll die because of stupid behaviour, which often puts the weight of survival on your shoulders. In the pvp arena there are some matches where you fight against a computer controlled team, I couldn´t beat that with bots because they kept dying and I was then alone against four computer controlled enemies that would defeat you quickly. When I played together with a friend and two bots we could beat that team, so people are probably better than bots when it comes to tactics and survival. Maybe that´s why there are no bots in Guild Wars 2? In certain games like Gears of War Judgement you can get a lot of multiplayer achievements in private matches with bots. Let´s just say that this is ten times easier to get some of those achievements and it´s nice that the experience you earn there also counts towards your total. Something that doesn´t count in Black Ops or Black Ops 2, that´s pure for practice and the experience you earn in Black Ops does not add up to the experience you earn when you play in public matches. So I say playing with bots is a nice alternative choice, good for practice and just blow off some steam.
Are bots really that stupid compared to people? A lot of times bots aren´t that smart, usually they´re dying a lot and not being a big help. But there are games that can suprise you, for example Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite a very clever computer controlled character. She follows you around and never gets stuck, she doesn´t run in the way when you´re shooting at enemies and gives you items when you need them. If you need health she´ll give you a health pack, the same counts for ammo and salt (what you need to use your powers). I think that was the first time I was actually impressed by a npc, one that stays with you and actually helps you when you need it. It really gives me a lot of hope for the future, because if they´re capable of making such useful characters in games then things can only get better in the future...well I certainly hope so. Another game released not so long ago, Payday 2, has some stupid bots in it. These characters aren´t useful and you´re better off playing with people. The problem then is hoping you find some helpful people. Because there´s one thing worse than a stupid bot and that´s annoying people!
Will bots have a future in games? I think that they will play a role in future games, because they´re good for practice and people who don´t enjoy playing with other people. It´s good that you have options and that no one forces you to play with others if you don´t like that. In CoD Ghosts you can make your own team and play as one of them while the rest are computer controlled, you can play with this team of bots and you against someone else with his or her bots. I like this, I think this gives something extra to the 1 vs 1 battles. Even if it´s just two people playing you still face a whole team, with every character playing the role you assigned for them. For example a sniper will find a location to snipe and not run around like an idiot getting himself or herself killed. I think with modern technology we can expect some smarter intelligence in the bots, which makes it a good alternative to people who don´t enjoy playing with others. But I wouldn´t want to lose the option to play with others, as bad as it might get sometimes it´s still fun to play with others if you find a good match. Maybe it also has a bit to do with what type of game you play, but it´s difficult to find some friendly players out there and so it won´t suprise me that a lot of people prefer to play with bots. Maybe that´s something people should also work on in the future, how to get rid of annoying people and find friendly people. I´d say you wouldn´t even need bots then!
So playing with other people is bad? I wouldn´t go that far, because there are certainly fun moments playing with others. I do think it becomes more and more rare to find these matches where people don´t try to annoy the crap out of you. Sure you can mute people, you can block their messages and just ignore them completely. But doesn´t that make it so as if you play with bots? I can say about playing against people that it´s much more of a challenge, because people can be unpredictable and use different tactics while bots can be dumb enough to constantly use the same tactic over and over again. I also feel more accomplished for beating people in a multiplayer match, beating bots doesn´t give that feeling even if you make 50 kills and didn´t die once. So playing with people definately has benefits and it´s not all bad, but I have to admit that the gaming experience doesn´t become more fun over the years that I´ve been playing with others online. Especially in competitive multiplayer matches you´ll find some special examples of people you probably don´t want to play with. If you play badly then you get ridiculed, but when you´re succesful then you get hate and jealous comments. Even when you play games where you need to work together with other people things can be unpleasant, I think Left for Dead is a good example of that where people can be quite unfriendly. But is it all bad? No it´s not all bad, but it is difficult to find friendly people out there or at least civilized people that don´t go berserk because they lost. I really hope the future gives you better options to find friendly people with whom you enjoy to play games and this way keep the bad ones out of your gaming experience.
Why would you play with bots? Well bots are good for practice, always before I enter a multiplayer match with people in Black Ops 2 I first play a round against bots to get back into my rhythm. Of course it doesn´t give a perfect example of what you can encounter in a multiplayer match with other people, but at least you can warm up your reflexes a bit. But in some games you also go faster through the story when you play with bots, for example in Guild Wars. Always when I play with people I´d had to wait, they needed to buy stuff or trade and you´d spend hours in cities sometimes. Solo with bots I can move around with my own speed and my bots will follow me around, which is perfect if you don´t like wasting time. The problem with bots in that game and a lot of other games is that they´re dumb, they often engage every enemy they see and stick to some basic moves. More times than not they´ll die because of stupid behaviour, which often puts the weight of survival on your shoulders. In the pvp arena there are some matches where you fight against a computer controlled team, I couldn´t beat that with bots because they kept dying and I was then alone against four computer controlled enemies that would defeat you quickly. When I played together with a friend and two bots we could beat that team, so people are probably better than bots when it comes to tactics and survival. Maybe that´s why there are no bots in Guild Wars 2? In certain games like Gears of War Judgement you can get a lot of multiplayer achievements in private matches with bots. Let´s just say that this is ten times easier to get some of those achievements and it´s nice that the experience you earn there also counts towards your total. Something that doesn´t count in Black Ops or Black Ops 2, that´s pure for practice and the experience you earn in Black Ops does not add up to the experience you earn when you play in public matches. So I say playing with bots is a nice alternative choice, good for practice and just blow off some steam.
Are bots really that stupid compared to people? A lot of times bots aren´t that smart, usually they´re dying a lot and not being a big help. But there are games that can suprise you, for example Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite a very clever computer controlled character. She follows you around and never gets stuck, she doesn´t run in the way when you´re shooting at enemies and gives you items when you need them. If you need health she´ll give you a health pack, the same counts for ammo and salt (what you need to use your powers). I think that was the first time I was actually impressed by a npc, one that stays with you and actually helps you when you need it. It really gives me a lot of hope for the future, because if they´re capable of making such useful characters in games then things can only get better in the future...well I certainly hope so. Another game released not so long ago, Payday 2, has some stupid bots in it. These characters aren´t useful and you´re better off playing with people. The problem then is hoping you find some helpful people. Because there´s one thing worse than a stupid bot and that´s annoying people!
Will bots have a future in games? I think that they will play a role in future games, because they´re good for practice and people who don´t enjoy playing with other people. It´s good that you have options and that no one forces you to play with others if you don´t like that. In CoD Ghosts you can make your own team and play as one of them while the rest are computer controlled, you can play with this team of bots and you against someone else with his or her bots. I like this, I think this gives something extra to the 1 vs 1 battles. Even if it´s just two people playing you still face a whole team, with every character playing the role you assigned for them. For example a sniper will find a location to snipe and not run around like an idiot getting himself or herself killed. I think with modern technology we can expect some smarter intelligence in the bots, which makes it a good alternative to people who don´t enjoy playing with others. But I wouldn´t want to lose the option to play with others, as bad as it might get sometimes it´s still fun to play with others if you find a good match. Maybe it also has a bit to do with what type of game you play, but it´s difficult to find some friendly players out there and so it won´t suprise me that a lot of people prefer to play with bots. Maybe that´s something people should also work on in the future, how to get rid of annoying people and find friendly people. I´d say you wouldn´t even need bots then!
Reacties
Een reactie posten