You know you´re a collector when...

Of course I´m not talking about just any type of collector, I´m talking about a game collector. I have over sixty games for the Xbox 360 and about fifty for the Playstation 2, but does that make me a collector? No I don´t think so, when I´m talking about a game collector then this is someone that has hundreds of games! That seems unlikely to some but then again not everyone is a collector...




How do you recognize a collector?




* The large number of played games should give it away, they don´t have to be completed though.


* Often a high gamer score points towards a large collection of games.


* A collector plays more often single player games, so you can find those on his or her profile.


* A collector isn´t just tied to one console or one generation of consoles, they have multiple consoles from different types of generations in game history!




Things you might not know about a collector:




- A collector likes to collect games, but some of them also love to increase their gamer score. You could say that they´re collecting achievement (or trophies for that matter).


- Most collectors prefer to play single player games, you get achievements/trophies faster in that and you don´t need anyone else to play them.


- A collector isn´t always an old guy, you can be young and/or a woman for that matter!


- Some collectors make pictures of their collection, it´s amazing to see how many games some people have!




Collecting games is an expensive hobby but let´s not forget that these times you can buy a lot of games for a decent price, especially for the old consoles. I thought of trying to collect games but somehow I always end up selling them later when I want to buy new games or a new console. I guess it´s not for everyone. But that´s ok, because we all have our own reasons to play games and as long as you´re having fun with what you do then I don´t think it really matters if you collect games or if you just play them to sell them later.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Watch Dogs 2, the sequel no one wanted?

Movie Monday: Watchmen

Can a movie make a game more interesting?