Playing Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One?

With all the news I got from the E3 news articles this is one that I consider as important, because now thanks to a future update Xbox One players can play Xbox 360 games on their Xbox One. I do think this should've been the case from launch but I guess it's better late than never!


How does this work?


If you purchased digital games then they should be in your game library after the update, eventhough not all games are available directly but it's the plan that a lot of Xbox 360 games will be playable on your Xbox One. If you have a game disc of your Xbox 360 game then you have to install it on your Xbox One harddrive before you can play it. Yes that means even less space for the 500 GB harddrive users but at least you can play your Xbox 360 game on your Xbox One. Also the performance will be a bit better on the Xbox One, just don't expect super graphics but it's more like it runs better mostly thanks to installing it and the Xbox One system.


So goodbye Xbox 360?


Wait! I heard clearly that not every game will be compatible, which means that there will be Xbox 360 games that will not work on your Xbox One. Maybe this is only temporarily but I wouldn't get rid of your Xbox 360 just yet. Especially since not all games will be available just yet, you get acces to about a hundred this holiday and more in the months after that. So you might want to hold on to your Xbox 360 yet, just to be certain!


Does this mean you could save money?


I guess, at least if the Xbox 360 version of the game will work on your Xbox One and if you're ok with the Xbox 360 quality on your Xbox One. I mean if you don't care about the graphics or other potential extras you could get with the Xbox One version then it makes sense that you go for the Xbox 360 version. But you really have to ask yourself if that's what you want, besides how much money do you actually save with this? I don't think Xbox 360 games are that much cheaper and with your Xbox One you probably want to play Xbox One games. But it's still cool that you can play some Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One. The game they used to show this is Mass Effect so that's good news for all the Mass Effect fans!

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Watch Dogs 2, the sequel no one wanted?

Movie Monday: Watchmen

Can a movie make a game more interesting?